You haven’t signed it? They need 1000 signatures! Don’t you want cycling in Baltimore? Sign it! Get everyone you know to sign it! Do it!
We, the undersigned, support the Baltimore City Council in passing legislation that will make Baltimore a safer place for bicyclists. These bills and resolutions not only promote Baltimore as a bicycle-friendly, sustainable community, but make it a better place to live. Encouraging cycling, whether as transportation or recreation, improves the health of citizens and the environment while decreasing traffic congestion, fossil fuel dependence and greenhouse gas emissions.
We fully support the following:
* 09-0429 – Required Parking for Bicycles for Employees & New Construction
* 09-0430 – Transit and Traffic – Bike Lanes ($50 fine for parking/stopping in bike lanes)
* 09-0431 – Bike-Safe Grates for all city construction projects
* 09-0433 – Street and Transportation Projects – Complete Streets in all transportation construction projects
* 09-0175R %u2013 Informational Hearing %u2013 Baltimore Police Department (Conduct a hearing between area cyclists and the BPD to address concerns and improve public safety)
* 09-0176R %u2013 Cyclists%u2019 Bill of Rights
* 09-0177R %u2013 B%u2019more Streets for People, establishing several %u201Ccyclovias%u201D annually
More information can be found on the City Council’s website: http://www.baltimorecitycouncil.com