How did we forget to mention that Friday is Bike to Work Day?
Bike to Work Day 2009, sponsored by the Baltimore Metropolitan Council, will be celebrated in the Baltimore region and across the nation on Friday May 15, 2009.
Between 7:00 and 8:30 a.m. on May 15, bicycle commuters will gather at locations throughout the Baltimore region, including:
* Anne Arundel Co/Annapolis – City Dock, Annapolis
* Baltimore City – War Memorial Plaza at City Hall (100 N. Holliday St.)
* Baltimore County – Courthouse Square (400 Washington Ave, Towson)
* Carroll County – Westminster
* Harford County – Government Center (220 S. Main St, Bel Air)
* Howard County – The Mall in Columbia by Sears Service Center (10300 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia)
New in 2009! Rallies will also be held at the following Baltimore area colleges:
* College of Notre Dame of Maryland
* Johns Hopkins University – Homewood campus
* Morgan State University
I can’t ride yet (few more weeks), but I’m hoping to make it to the Baltimore City and/or JHU event for pictures and the good vibes. If anyone wants to meet for coffee around Homewood, we can maybe meet up?